Jump to the main content block



AU has implemented “AU Rules Governing Foreign Language Graduation Examinations”. International students are required to fulfill these requirements in order to graduate.


International students who have been forced to withdraw from any educational institution in Taiwan due to behavioral issues, poor academic performances, or criminal conviction are not allowed to apply for admission.


According to the regulations of the MOE, those who have been approved to make Initial Household Registration, Moving-in Registration, or Acquisition or Restoration of Nationality during their study in Taiwan and have thus ceased to possess the status as foreign students shall be expelled from any school they are attending. Moreover, those who withdraw or are expelled from school in the R.O.C due to misbehavior, unacceptable academic performance or conviction of a penal crime may not thereafter apply again for admission under “Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan.” Violation of this regulation will result in the rejection of an application for admission.


According to regulations of Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Department of Health, Executive Yuan, R.O.C., since January 2009 those who apply for a resident visa have to submit a medical report showing immunity to measles and rubella or proof of vaccination against measles and rubella. Please refer to the BOCA website (Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R. O. C.): http://www.boca.gov.tw for details.


The acceptance letter or admission notice does not guarantee the issuance of a visa. A visa can be approved only by the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Taiwan Overseas Representative Offices. Some Taiwan Overseas Representative Offices may require the applicants to submit the proof of Chinese Language Proficiency (enrolling in Chinese-taught programs) or proof of English Language Proficiency (enrolling in English-taught programs) for visa application. For the requirement of visa application, please contact the Taiwan Overseas Representative Office in/near your country.


For international students, the Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) serves as their temporary ID card which can prove their resident status in Taiwan. Whether international students have entered Taiwan with the Resident Visa or obtained the Resident Visa through visa change within Taiwan, please apply for the Alien Resident Certificate and Re-entry Permit at the local office of Ministry of Interior National Immigration Agency on the next day upon arrival or within 15 days of the issue of the resident visa.

應備文件Required documents

  1. 申請書(如委託他人辦理,需附委託書)。Application form
  2. 一張2吋半身脫帽白色背景彩色正面相片。2-inch photos
  3. 護照及停留簽證(正本、影本各一份)。Original passport with resident visa and one copy of it 
  4. 學生證或在學證明書(正本及影本各一份)Original Student ID Card or an enrollment Verification
  5. 申請費用:一年期新台幣1,000元。


Any application matters not stipulated here will be at the Admission Committee's discretion.

Click Num: