Exchange Program for Mandarin Learning at Aletheia University
1. Number of exchange students invited: 5
※Note: An exchange student may choose to study for the period of one semester or an academic year. However, a candidate who chooses to study for one semester may only enroll to the first semester (February 2021 ~ June 2021).
2. Period of study: February 2021 ~ June 2021
3. Course of study: Elementary Mandarin—15 hours per week
4. Related fees:
◎International Scholarship: Exchange student is funded NT5,000 for studying two semesters
◎Tuition fee: Free.
◎Insurance: According to the Central Health Insurance Bureau of Taiwan, a foreign student who stays over four months in Taiwan will receive mandatory National Health Insurance at his/her own cost at NT604 per month. He/She is also responsible for his/her personal insurance for the first four months of stay in Taiwan.
◎Accommodation fee: Exchange students will be placed at our student dormitory in a four-bed room en suite. The cost is NT13,000 per semester excluding winter vacation (about one month) and facility bills.
◎Living expense: A local student might spend NT8,000~12,000 per month on his/her meals; entertainment/travel is on individual’s own expenses.
5. Airport pick-up: Aletheia will arrange airport pick-up for exchange students.
6. Application materials:
- (1) an application form
- (2) an official copy of applicant’s transcript
- (3) a financial statement proving applicant’s ability to financially support him/herself during the period of study in Taiwan (approximately NT150,000~200,000)
- (4) a statement of purpose in Chinese or English
- (5) a letter of recommendation
- (6) a photocopy of applicant’s valid passport
- (7) five passport-photo sized photos
7.Deadline for application: Nov. 30th 2020